In case of a power breakdown the brake-internal battery backup provides the system with the electrical power which is required for the controlled deceleration.
Main components GBS III
The complete electrical GBS III-system consists of one GBS-service unit and a decentral placed field bus unit (brake control units are mounted on the brakes). The communication between the individual brakes happens through a two-wire data connection (Field bus line 0). The coordination and monitoring is managed by the service unit.
The operating data (like power, voltage, speed, parameter etc.) and malfunction notifications are displayed on a LCD-screen.
Malfunction diagnosis and parametrization are menu-driven over a membrane keyboard. The communication to the higher-ranking belt control unit happens over a field bus connection and – or over a contact circuitry. Up to 16 brake control units can be connected to one service unit.
The tz-pneumatic-electrical distribution board provides up to four brakes of a local drive unit with compressed air and supply voltage.
- in accordance with directives,
- fail Save technology,
- compatible with all brake-coupling combinations,
- emergency stop function,
- robust and easy to mount,
- automatic wear compensation,
- load independent braking (speed controlled),
- power breakdown secure due to battery backup,
- compatible with all common control systems,
- detailed operating signals (brake OPEN / CLOSED, brake manually operated, etc.),
- detailed maintenance information (wear indication),
- detailed workflow information (speed frequency, voltage, power, etc.)
- detailed malfunction information (overspeed, air monitoring < 3,5 bar, etc.)